The Ontario Society for Environmental Education is a professional organization whose members include:
- Teachers from all levels of education
- People who teach in outdoor education centres or parks
- People involved with Environmental Education
Membership is open to all teachers, students, parents and persons dedicated to the promotion and improvement of Environmental Education.
What Does OSEE do?
- Publish Interactions – The Ontario Journal of Environmental Education
- Holds an annual conference for environmental educators and other interested organisations
- Maintains a web site for the purpose of promoting and improving environmental education and for the purpose of communicating with members and other interested persons
- Provides workshops and professional development activities
- Participates in writing and reviewing provincial curriculum
- Writes and provides lesson plans for the use of those involved in environmental education
- Advocates for environmental education, communicating with the Ministry of Education and other education organizations
- Links with and supports the activities and resources of other environmental education organizations
- Presents awards to recognize excellence in Environmental Education.